Sunday, July 20, 2008

Shaved in Hurry, Repented in Leisure............

Whoa!!! Who is this guy staring back from the mirror??? He looks somewhat like me.........but more like someone from Class 7 or someone who has just finished 5 yrs at his workplace.The not so subtle difference between today & all the days before is..............I've shaved off my moustache, that integral part of me,that which made me a Maharana.
I've been meaning to do it for a long time (neither the seniors nor the blokes at NCC had made me conform) but as Shakespeare had so nicely put it,

"Between the acting of a dreadful thing
And the first motion, all the interim is
Like a phantasma or a hideous dream.
The genius and the mortal instruments
Are then in council, and the state of man,
Like to a little kingdom, suffers then
The nature of an insurrection."

Well, council it was, though not between "The genius and the mortal instruments" but the person who held the veto power.........My Mom.All through the 2nd semester my friends had tried their level best to convince me (DJ going that extra mile) but I wouldn't lift a finger without my Mom's consent.But this morning , something was different, my mom gave the green signal (not exactly green ....something more mottled) but she was adamant that I leave the moustache untouched. So off I went (without brushing my teeth, You don't wait when you get permission from The Senate).Taking the gel ,the brush & razor as accomplices ,I was all set for time travel.

Now, let me make this very clear from the outset , it wasn't that the foliage had grown so unruly to leave no difference between Abhishek & Karl Marx,but as my father later said "It's all a matter of gaining experience ".Well,experience gained ,but innocence lost. That innocence which each morn proclaimed,"Go yonder young man, Take on the world with a stiff upper lip" .Now, robbed of all it's guards, the upper lip quivers ,the chin lies vulnerable.

Back to the procedure, taking up the brush I whipped up just enough lather to shave 3 whiskers of Garfield.With that , I proceeded to emancipate myself.If there ever were 17 whiskers which could change the whole appearance of a person,By Jove! I had managed to uproot every single one of them.Sans beard,sans moustache.....the only thing I gained was the no. of times everyone used to look at my face & shake their head.The attention I've received was no less than a movie star.Even Bin Laden could have walked by without anybody noticing (& wondered where's the world headed?).And each face just held one question.....WHY???????

Thus, it's time to call upon my inner reserves( i.e all my friends) to pray to the Hair Gods to bless their two prodigal sons (RV being the other one) & restore their assets to the glory of yore...Till then I do agree,
"Moochh nahin to Kuchh Nahin"

5 comments:

Amit... said...

Sometimes your knowledge of the literature literally amazes me. And did you really shaved up your Mohorana Heritage ? I'll pray to the Hair god, but I at least want to see you in real time with that shaved face. I guess I'll save that prayer for a few more days.

Anonymous said...

I know you will once again become hair-ful but my fear lies with RV.
Hair-God doesn't seem happy with him.

Amogh said...

Well Iv been thinking about picking the razor up myself for a long time, Its just that Im waiting for enough opposition for the razor to crop up you know.

ankit.. said...

lend him your ears..give him a big hand.....
kudos to u pal..........
an awesome description of something wich is apparently not even worth a layman's tea-table discussion with a spiced literary flavour(which may even end shakesphere's search for a heir)....n better still.....he is an engineer by profession......!!!

accept_obsequiousness_b4me said...

i m dying 2 c u,pro-shaven look of urs...gud blog..
as far as my blog is concerned,i just want 2 say....

brevity is not the heart of wit,
its just a part of wit.....

The details which i have mentioned, that only make my blog interesting , spicy and are worth mentioning..So sorry ,but i will continue 2 do so if my blog demands that again...